Here’s a Milford Bay Trout Farm take on the classic Italian linguine. It works as an appetizer for six or a main course for three… Delizioso!
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1½ tbsp lemon juice
- ¼ cup orange juice
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 Milford Bay smoked trout fillet (about 10 oz./ 300 g)
- 6 green onions, thinly sliced on diagonal
- 1 cup packed baby spinach leaves (50g), trimmed
- ½ cup fresh chervil sprigs, plus extra for garnish
- 14 oz (400 g) fresh linguine
For the linguine, remove the skin from the smoked trout and discard it. Break the trout into large chunks and place them in a medium bowl. Add the spinach, onions, and ½ cup of chervil. Add half the dressing and toss to combine.
Cook the linguine in boiling, salted water until it’s al dente. Drain it and toss the pasta with the remaining dressing. Top each plate with the smoked trout mixture and garnish the whole thing with a little extra chervil.