You Will Need:
- 1 side Milford Bay Smoked Trout – sliced into bite sized pieces Your favorite flatbread – (We used Ronnie’s WoodFire Pizza’s (www.woodfiredpizza.ca) Sourdough Flatbread)
- 2 – Zucchini – green and/or yellow sliced 1/4 inch thick 6 – Cremini mushrooms, or your favourite mushroom, stemmed and washed
- 16 – Red onion petals
- 1 – Red, yellow, or orange pepper, sliced into long strips
- 4 tbsp. Olive oil
- 3 tbsp. Balsamic vinegar
- 250 ml Herb and Garlic Cream Cheese
- 3/4 cup Grated mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup crumbled Feta cheese
- 1/4 cup crumbled Goat cheese
- Spicy Crème Fraiche Ranch Sauce – Combine 6 Tbsp. sour cream, 6 Tbsp. Buttermilk, 2 Tbsp. mayo, 1 Tsp. chopped Fresh Dill, Pinch garlic powder, Pinch onion powder, your favourite hot sauce/Sriracha to taste
Put all vegetables in a medium bowl, and drizzle with olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and a sprinkle of kosher salt and cracked black pepper. Using your BBQ on medium heat, give vegetables a quick grill mark on both sides, let cool, and slice to desired size.
Spread a generous amount of herb and garlic cream cheese over the flatbread. Sprinkle a handful of mozzarella over the cream cheese. Liberally sprinkle grilled vegetables over pizza. Add sliced Milford Bay Smoked Trout. Top with feta, goat cheese, and any remaining mozzarella cheese. (Amounts will vary according to each person’s preference.)
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees or BBQ to medium heat. Place Smoked Trout pizza on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, or directly on the grill of the BBQ. Bake, until cheeses start to brown or until the bottom, starts to brown, usually about 15 minutes.
Drizzle the Crème Fraiche over pizza or use it on the side as a dipping sauce. Serves 2-4. Enjoy with your favourite beverage….