This is a fantastic salad for summer. Serve it as a flavourful side or all on its own. It serves four.
• 1-8 oz. Milford Bay smoked trout fillet
• 1 1/2 cups sliced mushrooms
• 1 head Romaine lettuce (torn into bite-size pieces)
• 1 small onion, thinly sliced
• 1/2 red pepper, thinly sliced
• 1/4 cup seasoned croutons
• 1/3 cup vegetable oil
• 2 tbsp. red wine vinegar
• 1/2 tsp. salt
• 1/4 tsp. freshly ground pepper
• 1/4 tsp. dried basil
Combine the dressing ingredients in a small bowl. Break the smoked fillets into bite-size chunks. Add the fish and mushrooms to the dressing and stir. Let that marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, combine the remaining ingredients in a separate salad bowl. Combine everything just before serving and toss!